Home » Uncategorized » How To Get The Child Support You Deserve

How To Get The Child Support You Deserve

If you are unable to collect child support payments from your ex, you are not alone. There are millions of others just like scattered all over the country.

The good news is you have options; here are the top two options you have; Bear in mind that while there are some variations in these options depending on the state where you reside, the variations aren’t that wide.

Option #1: Enlist the help of child support services (CSS)

According to the child support enforcement (CSE), both parents are supposed to take the full responsibility for supporting their child. Most states call this program child support services (CSS). Regardless of their income level, child support services provide essential services to those who take care of minor children. It is standard practice by law for the CSS to manage the collection and distribution of child support payments after these payments have been established by a court order.

To ensure that the court orders are obeyed, CSS agents are permitted by law to take legal action against any parent who is not in the care of the child – this parent is referred to as a non-custodian parent (NCP).

For example, they can intercept the tax refunds of such parent. They can also withdraw the support payments from the parent’s wages. They also have the right to the NCP’s real or personal property.

If after a court order you are not receiving your child support payments consistently or you are not receiving it at all, you should get in touch with the CSS office in your county. If for one reason or another, you can’t do that, another alternative is to apply online.

After your application has been received, you will receive a case number and a case worker. Note that an annual fee of twenty-five dollars must be paid before you can use the program. But if you qualify, this fee can be waived. More details.

Option #2: Consult an experienced attorney

If you can get the CSS to handle your issue, then, accept my congratulations. But there are those whose cases can’t be handled by CSS. One major reason for this is because CSS is a government agency. Hence, there are so many people who want the CSS to handle their case. This implies that there are so many cases for the CSS to handle but they can’t handle all because they don’t have sufficient manpower and time. This is why it may take weeks, sometimes, months before they can help you.

If you are unwilling to wait that long, your best option is to consult an experienced family lawyer in Orillia. Your case is the sole focus of any attorney you hire.

Here are the top two options an experienced attorney can utilize in order to help you get your child support payments;

  1. File a motion for contempt

By filling this motion, the non-custodian parent can be threatened with a jail term.

Here’s an explanation for that; since there was a court order that instructed the NCP to make the payment, the NCP is flouting a court rule by not paying.

And flouting a court order is an offence that can lead to jail.

  1. Request for a writ of execution

A writ of execution gives the local law enforcement agents to seize any real and personal property of the NCP. Then, when such properties are sold, the cash raised from the sale can be sent to the custodian of the child. For more information visit: http://www.turbomarketingsolutions.com